Location - Online
Pride may look different this year, but we’re still celebrating!
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to persist, its impact is being felt across C
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
This year’s #SheridanPride celebrations will focus on programming and resources developed by departments across the college that will help you understand, acknowledge, and connect with others during these unprecedented times. We will mark the beginning of PRIDE month with physical pride flags being raised at the D and T campuses, while a virtual flag will be displayed at HMC.
Although we cannot be together in person, we still want to celebrate and support our 2SLGBTQ+ community here at S and remind you that you are not alone. We hope that you can review the resources listed below and participate in the activities we have planned to learn about the many supports available to you at S and in the community.
Virtual Pride Events
June 3 - Pride flag raising on Sheridan campuses
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to persist across , it’s increasingly likely that positive diagnoses are starting to hit closer to home. No community has been left untouched and that’s certainly true of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We know that many individuals of the 2SLGBTQ+ community at may be experiencing feelings of isolation, loneliness, fear, disconnect and a loss of community. Moreover, being openly proud at this time, while away from campus, may not be a safe option for some individuals.
To coincide with PRIDE month at , we invite you to attend this webinar in which both student and employee members of the building positive space committee will share their personal and professional insight and experiences. You are not alone. We hope that you can join us to learn about the many supports available to you at and in the community.
We’re having another N party!! Just in time for the start of season 5, we’ll be getting together to watch the fab five transform lives.
Join us live online for a step by step drag tutorial and then we’ll enjoy a live virtual performance by one of your favorite queens! Reserve your spot online.
We’re getting back in the kitchen! And in celebration of pride month, we’re making a delicious layered rainbow cake - and maybe a few cupcakes to go with it! Reserve your spot to join this event.
Sheridan Pride Guide and Other Resources
- Diverse Terminology - The 2SLGBTQ+ community is diverse and it’s important to understand the unique experiences of the community. Explore some of the terminology you will need to know!
- The Flags of Pride - A look at the history and development of Pride and Gender Flags, Quilt & Triangles, and Two Spirit Identity.
- LGBTQ+ Studies - Find lists of resources that are available through the Sheridan Library or on the web to help you learn more about gender and sexuality.
- Stonewall - The Stonewall uprisings marked a turning point for the LGBTQ+ community’s fight for their civil rights. Celebrate 50+ years later!
- Queer 50 - Introducing the first-ever list of LGBTQ women and nonbinary innovators in business and tech. Written by Fast Company in partnership with Lesbians Who Tech & Allies, the world’s largest LGBTQ technology network.
- Trans Pride Canada: Style Guide - A media reference guide with best practices outlined by Sheridan Library & Learning Services.
Resources, Community Supports and Events
- Toronto PRIDE -Toronto is turning Pride into a virtual experience this year! Events will be announced shortly.
- Rainbow Railroad - A Canadian organization helping members of the LGTBQ+ community escape violence and persecution. Learn more.
- PFLAG Canada - A Canadian organization that offers peer-to-peer support striving to help all Canadians with issues of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Find local resources and events.
- International PRIDE - Featuring live performances and speeches from activists, Global Pride will stream for 24 hours to celebrate the beautiful diversity of LGBTI+ people everywhere. Tune in.
- Positive Space Network Halton - Through education, visibility, awareness and events, PSN Halton supports youth, individuals, and families within the community. They will be hosting virtual pride celebrations all month! Follow along.
- Hamilton PRIDE- On Sunday, June 14 Hamilton Pride goes digital to replace Pride Hamilton’s Pride in the Park event. You can get involved as a performer, volunteer, or simply attend and enjoy.